Samsung Mobile is now a days, striving hard to serve the best it can, to make the customer happy and keep on releasing updates for their different devices. The good news is for Galaxy Note 8.0 users as the new latest Android 4.2.2 Jellybean firmware is now available to download. If you owned, Galaxy Note 8.0, you can then download the leaked firmware, and be the first one to install it on your device. Probably, the new version brings bugs fixes and many improvements for the device. Once you installed it on your device, you will notice many prominent changes and improvements to the Battery life, UI and so on.Remember this is not the official released of the Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Note 8.0, although you can download and install it on your device. I will definitely, provide the download links to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110, Additionally I will also guide you step by step how to install it on your Galaxy Note. Note that, the new firmware, labelled base band version N5110XXCMG2 is only available for Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110, so double check your device, as it will not work on another device except this one.
Things you should know before your proceed further
· The most important, you are doing this at your own risk.
· Create a Backup of your data before you proceed.
· Make sure you have got enough Battery on your device.
· Enable USB Debugging on your Android device from Settings>>Developers Options.
Download the following files
1. Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Leaked Firmware file [Download Link]
2. Download Odin3 [Download Link]
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Leaked Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0
1. Now Swtich Off your device, and boot it into download mode by holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons at the same time, and then hit the Volume Up button to confirm the download mode on your device.
2. Now double click on Odin3.exe to run it and then connect your Galaxy Note 8.0 to your PC. Also, make sure it recognizes your device. The ID: COM Box of Odin will be blue when it recognizes your device.
3. Now you need to extract the file you have downloaded (Leaked Firmware 4.2.2 Jellybean), It contains 4 types of files, I will tell in the later step, how to select them one by one.
4. Make sure you the Repartition is not checked and check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset options from Odin screen menu.
5. Now hit the PDA Button, and select the tar.md5 type file, then Click Phone Button, and select the file Modem in its name, then go on and hit the CSC Button, and select the file with CSC name, now at last, hit the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file type from the extracted folder.
6. Once you select the correct files format for each specified buttons, then Hit the START Button to flash update on your Galaxy Note 8.0. Now wait for Odin to process and flash the updates for your device, once it is completed, Odin will show you the Green Box with message PASS. Your device will also reboot when it gets complete, just wait for your device to boot normally.
A little comprehensive at the end, but hopefully you have understood the whole process how to install the leaked firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0. Somehow, if you still get confused at any step, feel free to ask in the comment box.