Before we dive into Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5110) running on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean, it is necessary for you to know everything about Android device Rooting process. What are its pros, cons and requirements.
What is Android Rooting?
In simpler and plain words, it is basically giving freedom to your Android device from limitations sets by the manufacturer, which they do not want users like us to get access to. Rooting grants you the complete access to many other more settings, features and overall performance of your device operating system. Hope so, you have understood this terminology.
But note 2 things here , once you Root your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, you at first moment void your device Warranty and secondly you are solely responsible for this, if your device goes Brick. I would recommend you to stay away from it, if you don’t have guts and enough knowledge to Root your Android device.
Now once you setup your mind to start Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, then follow and read the requirements to be eligible for Rooting:
- This Tutorial is for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5510 running Android 4.1.2 Jellybean.
- Download CF Auto Root Tool for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 [Direct Link]
- Download Odin3 V3.07 [Direct Link]
- Make sure you have enough Battery on your Device before you go ahead to root your Galaxy Note 8.0. Minimum 60%
- Disable any Anti-Virus Program running on your PC and Samsung Skies if you have installed.
- Also make sure you have installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Backup your all device data before you do further.
- Enable USB Debugging settings from Android Developers settings from About Device tab.
Now once you fulfill the above mentioned requirements, you are ready to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110.
Instructions to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Running Android 4.1.2 using CF Auto Root Tool
1. To Get started with Rooting your Galaxy Note, First you need to extract the downloaded files [CF Auto Root and Odin3] on your Desktop.
2. Now switch off your device and Boot it into Download Mode by Pressing the Volume Down+Home Button+Power Button
3. Once you complete step 2, Now Launch the Odin3 on your PC and connect your Galaxy Note 8.0 to your PC and make sure Odin recognizes your device.
4. Now hit the “PDA” Button on Odin and Browse the downloaded file “CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5“. Note that leave the default Odin settings and make sure the Re-Partition option is disabled.
5. Now click on Start Button to proceed rooting process. Note that it may take some time, you need to have patience while Odin3 processes the rooting for Galaxy Note 8.0.
6. Once it completes, Odin will tell you by this message “PASS”, and at this instance your device will start Reboot.
7. Now when you see the Samsung Animated Logo, then you can Unplug your Device from PC and let the device so start normally.
You may also like:
- Step By Step Guide To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 On Android 4.2.2 [ChainFire Auto Root]
- Download GeoHot’s ActiveRoot APK To Root Samsung Galaxy S4
- How to Enable Developer Settings on Samsung Galaxy S4
- How To Guide: Speed Up Samsung Galaxy SIII Android Smart Phone With No Time
8. To make sure you have successfully Rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Check the SuperSU App icon on your Android home screen.
Congrats you have successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 running Android 4.1.2 Jellybean. If you do need further support, feel free to let us know in the comment box.